We pledge to meet fully, and where possible exceed, in complying with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Chapter 486 of the Laws of Hong Kong). In doing so, we will ensure compliance by our staff with the strictest standards of security and confidentiality.
We collect personal data about you from various types of sources and hold such personal data for the following purposes:
1. sending information in relation to our products and services, activities, competitions, promotions and events; marketing and promotional
2. purposes for us, our vendors and business partners and other selected companies;
3. joint marketing schemes with other parties;
4. marketing and promotional information;
5. responding to your inquiries;
6. membership registration and offering benefits and privileges;
7. collecting statistical information, conducting analysis and providing anonymous reporting for internal and external clients;
8. conducting surveys relating to our customers, products or services;
9. evaluation and further enhancement of our products and services;
10. fulfilling any purpose directly related to the above purposes.
11. The provision of such personal data is voluntary.
Contests and Promotions:
We may from time to time organize or host contests and promotions and in doing so ask for information including your name, email and mailing address, telephone number and customer preferences. We'll use this information to notify you if you've won a contest, and to help shape our future contests or promotions.
Newsletters and Email Promotions:
We use email to communicate news and special promotions to our members. If you'd rather not receive these messages, you can choose to do so by unsubscribing or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you click on links and/or ad banners that take you to either third-party web sites or theedge.hk affiliated sites, you will be subject to the privacy policies of those parties. Whilst we support the protections of privacy on the Internet, theedge.hk cannot be responsible for the actions of parties outside our web domain.
Access and update of Information
You may check whether we hold any of your personal data and, if so, may also request access, update, correct or request a copy of your personal data held by us by e-mailing to email@example.com. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or permitting corrections to your personal data.
We will endeavour to respond within 7 days of your request. Please note that we will not retain your personal data longer than necessary.
Sharing of Information
1. our subsidiaries, associated companies and other related companies;
2. our vendors and business partners;
4. parties which participate in joint marketing scheme with us;
5. any agent, contractor or service provider who provides administrative, order processing, payment clearing, credit reference, debt collecting or other services necessary
to the operation of our business;
6. any other person or organization who are bound by confidentiality agreements with; and
7. any person to whom we are, in our belief in good faith, under an obligation to make disclosure as required by any applicable law
Theedge.hk may also provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns and related site information to reputable third-party vendors, but these statistics will include no personal data that uniquely identifies an individual.
Currently, we do not sell, trade, give away or rent your personal data to others apart from those parties mentioned above. We may decide to do so with trusted third-party partners in the future, but you can instruct us not to. We will not sell or disclose any personal data that identifies you to any third party apart from those mentioned above without your approval.
If you have questions about this statement, please contact one of our representatives. You may contact our customer service representatives via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to The Edge (HK) Ltd, Suite 801, Cheungs Building, 1-3 Wing Lok Street, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong.